Sunday, October 9, 2011

CSA Week 15

Ah, so far behind. You know how it goes, you start something, then you get a little behind, then you get so far behind that being behind is the excuse for not actually doing the new posts. Yeah, I'm in that spiral. This share was a solo pick-up by Mary, since I seem to have a knack for scheduling work obligations on Tuesdays. I stink that way.

Lima beans went into a three bean salad. Inoffensive.

I think that these carrots went into our favorite fall and winter dish, Best Beef Ever. While I am sad to see summer go, I do love cold weather food.

Apples and pears

We usually have trouble finding a use for spaghetti squash. We keep trying fancy recipes that we think will rescue it one way or another, but this time we broke down and just doused it in a tomato based sauce (with turkey and a lot of red pepper.) It was pretty good, and I think part of that was roasting (instead of steaming) the squash. I feel like we've turned a corner here, and dare I say I am hoping to get another to experiment with?

Cauliflower

Broccoli

Various onions

While this fella looks like boc choy, the claim is that he's asian spinach. Not sure if that's the same thing or not, but we subbed it for normal spinach in a soup and it was fine, though a bit bland due to following the recipe (vegetable stock) instead of our hearts (chicken stock.)

These green beans are actually hariocot verts. Ooh lah lah!

This mix of tomatoes are the tail end of the season. Farewell, tomatoes.

No comments: