Tuesday, October 11, 2011

CSA Week 18

As of this post, I will be fully caught up! For a few hours, anyway.

More dragon tongue beans. These look fun, but can be treated as wax beans, which is cool with me because I've always liked wax beans.

Decorative mini pumpkins gave last week's gourds the boot. We can only be so festive here.

Green tomatoes for frying.

This is our first time with kabocha squash I believe. I am sure it's roastable and delicious.

Cauliflower

And the gigantic 500 pound elephant in the room, apples and pears. So many apples and pears. We did apple butter and a rustic apple tart this weekend, and I do believe I am officially buying an apple corer and slicer. We signed up for the winter share, so I am expecting our apple drawer to stay full for a while.

A zillion little eggplants are going into componata.

More garlic

It's been ages since we made our sweet potato samosas, so that's likely where these fellas will go.

Red onions

We finally broke down and bought oyster sauce, but we didn't really notice a significant change in the recipe we make for boc choi. It had been my impression that everything it goes in take on its flavor, but maybe this recipe just had too little.

Various gigantic radishes. I was worried that these would be crazy fibrous and hot, given their size, but they actually aren't bad. We used most of the red ones in our cooked radish recipe and they turned out well.

No comments: