Thursday, October 11, 2007

CSA Week 9

This past two weeks has been a bit odd, with the Film Fest taking our time and me traveling a bit for work. Still, we've done a pretty good job with the share. The squash and pumpkins are still sitting in our pantry, but we've used the Radicchio, roasted the cauliflower (which was startlingly delicious,) and even made a potato and celeriac cake which was quite good. The pears went into an oddly dry but still good crisp.

Spaghetti Squash will get added to the squash stash in our pantry.

Celery is another thing that's always in season, I guess. This is pretty leafy with a lot of slender stems, but I think it'll still work. I plan on trying my hand at making stock this weekend, so I can use a lot of the leafiness for that.

Cubannelle Peppers

Sweet Potatoes will probably end up in a ravioli recipe we have.

Two small heads of Broccoli which we'll steam.


Sunflower Sprouts again.

Carrots again. Some more. Some also destined for stock.

Yellow Onions

French Breakfast Radishes

Acorn Squash

Apples which we'll use for apple cake. We have a few leftover pears from last week too, so we'll probably toss those in.

No comments: